This page gives background into my educational history and training. For research and work experience see my Experience page.
Presently, I am a PhD candidate at MIT Aero Astro. In Spring 2021, I received my Masters degree. My thesis work focused on dynamics and control theory related to on-orbit assembly. This work was done with Professor Crawley
In December 2018, I graduated from the Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering program at Purdue University. My GPA was a 3.96 on the 4.0 scale.
While at Purdue, I had the opportunity to study abroad in Austria and Switzerland during Spring 2017. As part of Professor Dumbacher’s Global Perspectives on Outer Space Course, I visited the United Nations Office of Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) as well as local aerospace companies like RUAG.
In 2019, I was awarded the NSF GRFP, GEM fellowship, and Douglas fellowship as funding opportunities for graduate school. While at MIT, I also received the Presidential Graduate Fellowship Award.
Along with admittance into Purdue, I received the Purdue Presidential Scholarship for high academic achievement and community service work to my community. In addition, I received several scholarships for my academic achievement from the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics including: the General Aerospace Engineering Scholarship, the George and Patricia Palmer Scholarship, and the Boeing/AIAA Scholarship.
In 2018, I had the prestigious honor of being a part of the inaugural class of Matthew Isakowitz Fellows. This program is dedicated to supporting students that are passionate about commercial space through internship and mentoring opportunities.
Lastly, at Purdue, I was on the Dean’s list and received Semester Honors for 7 semesters.
- Familiarity with SysML
- STK, SOAP, Copernicus, OTIS, MONTE
- Windows and Microsoft Office
- CAD, CATIA, SolidWorks
- Communication and Public Speaking
- Licensed Amateur Radio Operator, High Power Rocket Level 1 Certification
- Beginner Level German and Spanish
Below is a list of relevant courses I have completed in school; this is not a complete list. My official transcript is available upon request.
- Formal Methods for Safe Autonomous Synthesis
- Principals of Autonomy and Decision Making
- Planning Under Uncertainty
- Satellite Engineering
- Fundamentals of Systems Engineering
- Technology Roadmapping and Development
- Visual Navigation for Autonomous Vehicles
- Systems Safety
- Spacecraft Design – Senior Design
- Spacecraft Attitude Dynamics
- Linear Systems Analysis and Synthesis
- Design of Aerospace Structures
- Control System Analysis + Lab
- Dynamics and Vibrations
- Aerospace Propulsion
- Global Perspectives on Outer Space
- Introduction to Fluid Mechanics + Lab
- Structures Analysis + Lab
- Signal Analysis for Aerospace Engineers
- Aeromechanics I and II + Lab
- Introduction to Aerospace Design
- Passively Safe Rendezvous Sensor Analysis
- Air Transportation Research I and II
- IARC Aerial Robotics Research
- Differential Equations for Engineering and the Sciences
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Linear Algebra
- Multivariate Calculus
- Analytic Geometry and Calculus I, and II
- Matrix Methods for Machine Learning
- Electricity and Optics
- General Chemistry
- German I
- Spanish I and II
- Engineers Participating in Community Service